Monday, March 30, 2009

A Beautiful Mess

You've got the best of both worlds
You're the kind of girl who can 
take down a man and lift him back up again

You are strong but you're needy
Humble but you're greedy
And based on your body language and 
shouts of cursive I've been reading

Your style is quite selective
Though your mind is rather reckless
Well I guess it just suggests
That this is just what happiness is

And what a beautiful mess this is
It's like we're picking up trash in dresses

Well it kind of hurts 
when the kind of words you write
Kind of turn themselves into knives

And don't mind my nerve
You can call it fiction
Cause I like being submerged
In your contradictions, dear

Cause here we are, here we are




This song is one of my favorites from We sing, We dance, We steal things. But then again, I loved all the songs from that album. Jason Mraz writes beautiful lyrics and beautiful music, and he really has inspired me this past year. His songs speak volumes of life and positivity and makes you realize that we really have just one life to live, so live out loud, to the full, with no regrets. Appreciate everything you have, the good and the bad, coz ultimately one doesn't exist without the other and you just have to deal with things one by one, and things will eventually fall into place. Focus on the brighter side of every situation, coz things can always be worse. 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers